Monday, September 28, 2009

Check it out!


This is a music blog, so why not talk about music?  Every week I'm going to mention an artist or album that I think is worth listening to and why I would recommend it.  I'm a big fan of progressive rock, so a lot of the artists I talk about will fall into that genre, but I am always open to new music.  Share music with me and I'll be happy to listen and discuss.

Porcupine Tree
The Incident (Left)

Since I'm going to see them in concert on Wednesday, September 30th, I thought this would be a good band to start with.  Having released their 10th studio album a couple weeks ago, these guys have got a lot of music worth listening to.  

The Incident (2009) being their newest album, features a 55 minute title track written by Steven Wilson.  It doesn't get much more progressive than that.  I look forward to seeing them play the entire track live 2 days from now.  Check out this album, and some of their more recent albums including "In Absentia" (2002), "Deadwing" (2005) and "Fear of a Blank Planet" (2007).  Here's a taste:

Lazarus (Deadwing)


Trains (In Absentia)




1 comment:

  1. This artist has a nice sound! I can't wait to read full review of the concert and see where this blog takes my mind musically. Keep it up! Check out the band Explosions in the Sky, they are pretty progressive and may peak your interest. Tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete