Sunday, November 8, 2009

Album Pick: Neil Young - Live at Massey Hall 1971

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Neil Young and lots of the great songs he's written. If you like his studio albums, you should take a look at his live album from Massey Hall, Toronto. I really think there's something special about this live performance, and I personally prefer most of his songs performed this way rather than their studio versions. It is just him and his guitar or piano (depending on the song), without a band backing him up. I think certain songs, such as Cowgirl in the Sand and Journey Through the Past sound better than the originals. If you're not a fan of live music because you don't like the sound (I often feel the same way), the quality of the recording is as good as it can get.

Give this album a listen! It's Neil Young at his best. Here's the album:


No comments:

Post a Comment