Monday, October 12, 2009

Album Pick: The End is Begun

This week I want to recommend an album which I think is a great piece of work, but I don't know very many people who know about this band.  The album "The End is Begun" is the fifth album released by 3, and I think it's their best one to date.  

If you've never heard 3's music, I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about getting into progressive metal music.  There are metal elements but they don't have a really strong presence compared to some other bands such as Dream Theater or Coheed and Cambria.  Joey Eppard has a very unique guitar style which combines flamenco/slap techniques.  It makes for a different sound that I haven't heard from anyone else.  He is also the lead singer of the band.  His voice sometimes reminds me of a boy band singer, which is why some of their older music makes me think I'm listening to rock covers of the Backstreet Boys.  It doesn't bother me though, since he is a really good singer and it adds a mainstream kind of sound to their music.  Check them out.  It'll be a good use of your time.





No comments:

Post a Comment