Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Open Mic in London

If you like to play music but need an audience, there are plenty of places in London that host open mic nights.  I still haven't had the chance to do one myself because of school, but I hope to do one this week.  These are the places that I know about.  If you know any others feel free to share!

Taps on Talbot: Hopefully a great place to play some tunes and drink on Wednesday nights.  Haven't been there yet but when I do I'll be sure to write about it.
110 Dundas St. - (519) 645 2929

London Music Club: Come here on Friday nights for their Acoustyle Open mics at 9pm.  If you play blues music you're also welcome to come in on Thursdays for Blues Jams nights.  Of course, you don't have to be able to play, you can just enjoy the local talent and become inspired to play yourself.
470 Colborne St. - (519) 640 6996

The Spoke at UWO: Saturday nights, come and watch your peers get sloshed and play their hearts out.  I'll be doing just that this weekend, maybe not the getting sloshed part, but it wouldn't hurt.  
UCC Main Level, UWO - (519) 661-3590

1 comment:

  1. I performed at the open mic at the Hope and Anchor taking on a talented duo, who do you think did better? It's a decent cosy venue.


    http://bobversus.com/archives/525

    ReplyDelete