Thursday, October 1, 2009

Porcupine Tree Concert Review

I think I can say this is one of the best concerts I've ever been to.  Hands down.  They played last night at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on the CNE grounds in Toronto.  The sound was perfectly balanced between each instrument, so well that you felt like you were listening to a reproduction of the actual recording.  Steve Wilson sounds great live, especially with the second guitarist John Wesley doing backing vocals.  Projected on the background were images fitted to each song.  I found them interesting, but spent most of my time watching the musicians.

They performed both songs I included in my previous post (Lazarus and Trains), as well as the 55 min title track off their new album "The Incident."  They also played other hit songs including Anesthetize, The Start of Something Beautiful, and The Sound of Musak.

A professional performance done to perfection.  I can't imagine how they could have made it any better.  Porcupine Tree plans on coming back to Canada this coming Spring.  If you get the chance, get a ticket.  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment